An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation - our global FMCG client (the powerhouse behind brands such as Persil, Surf, Comfort, Domestos and Cif) have an exciting opportunity for 3 x Operational Coordinators to be based at our client's prestigious Research & Development Facility in Port Sunlight, Wirral.
This is a full time, temporary role until end June 2024, with potential to extend, working 37.5 hours per week, paying between £25,500- £28,304 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Due to the urgency of these roles, please do not apply if you have more than 1 weeks notice
UL is one of the world's leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. UL has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann's, Lipton, Wall's, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry's, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That's why our purpose is 'to make sustainable living commonplace"
As part of an ongoing initiative within the Port Sunlight R&D laboratories to improve efficiencies a new Operational Excellence Team has been created. The role of this team is to support the day-to-day activities of scientists working in our labs and pilot plants and to ensure a safe, efficient and well maintained facility. The team will focus on the implementation of new and optimised processes with a view to driving continual improvement.
The Operational Excellence Coordinator role provides a range of support services to the Port Sunlight R&D scientific and engineering community. As an ideal candidate, you'll have a sharp awareness of laboratory operational requirements to ensure maximum productivity and be skilled in laboratory processes, e.g. formulation, characterisation and performance testing etc. Additionally, you'll display a proven ability to follow protocols and processes for efficient operations in a laboratory environment.
- Maintain high laboratory standards with safety and housekeeping.
- Deliver front line support to laboratory/pilot plant users regarding ways of working, set up of facilities and immediate needs/enquiries.
- Stock management and ordering for raw materials and consumables
- Ability to liaise with suppliers for raw materials
- Co-ordination of equipment maintenance (using on site and 3rd party engineers)
- Utilisation of key software for stock management, equipment booking and asset life cycle management
- Provide relevant training to new laboratory users (including software training).
- Deliver to point of use in laboratories raw materials and consumables as appropriate.
- Coordinate with 3rd party service providers to ensure goods inwards are correctly logged on LIMs
- Maintain raw material and equipment information dossiers e.g. SDS, COAs, equipment passports etc
- Understanding of chemical inventory systems, chemical hazards and associated safety to ensure good data quality with LIMs
- Safe handling of chemicals and dispensing from bulk batches as required.
- Develop processes and procedures and recommend improvements.
- Experience working as a Laboratory/scientific facilities coordinator and/or pilot plant experience.
- Working knowledge of management software programs, including LIMS
- Exceptional organisational, time management and project tracking abilities
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient IT skills e.g. Microsoft tools (Excel, Word)