BBC Switchboard Operator
Salary: £10.90 up to £11.90
Contract: Temporary ongoing, no set end date.
Shifts: Full Time working position across various shift patterns, including weekends, bank holidays. (Day shift and Nightshifts).
Hours: 12 hour Shifts between 8.30am- 9pm (days) 8pm - 9am (nights). Flexibility on hours and nightshift option available upon discussion, should you amend your hours this will affect the rate of pay offered.
Location: BBC Scotland, Pacific Quay
Training: Full training provided - 2 -3 weeks. Training will cover normal office working hours.
Based at BBC Scotland's Pacific Quay, this role is part of the contract with the BBC to provide a 24/7 Switchboard Operator service.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- To provide a professional operator service, acting as the common interface for internal and external callers within the BBC environment.
- You will answer all calls in a professional, courteous and efficient manner and be responsible for ensuring that all calls are connected to the desired destination.
- To perform operators' duties on the BBC Operator Services switchboard within the procedures laid down and familiarise oneself with all processes.
- To provide cover for sickness and annual leave as and when required, for day and night shifts
- To update the BBC Telephone database.
- To record daily handover and ensure colleagues are aware of any events which could impact calls.
Signs of success
- To be successful in this role, you'll need a rich combination of experience, proven skills and personal attributes. See below to find out if you're the person we're looking for.
- Based at BBC Scotland's Pacific Quay building in Glasgow.
- The Switchboard work is routine, and you can be under pressure at peak times.
- Need to be alert to new problems and occasionally important decisions to be made.
- All faults that occur need to be reported in a timely manner and escalated as necessary
- The importance and value of the service to the BBC by Atos cannot be underestimated. You will be always professional and efficient.
Skills we can't do without:
- To adopt a flexible approach to customer and management requests as required.
- Keyboard skills with working knowledge of PC software packages desirable
- Good communication skills are essential
- Experience working in a contact centre environment or similar.
Skills we'd like:
- Previous experience in a Switchboard environment desirable but not essential
More reasons to join us
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect a fantastic range of benefits. These include: a rewarding salary, 28 days' annual leave, private medical insurance, an attractive stakeholder pension scheme plus many more. We also operate a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to purchase discounted products and services.
What's more, we really value your progress and it's a top priority to engage, inspire and develop you to help you maximise your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programmes in place demonstrating our commitment to developing your career.
Getting to know Atos
You can look forward to joining a global powerhouse in digital transformation. We have 120,000 employees in 73 countries and an annual revenue of €13 billion. We are also number one in Europe regarding Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, providing end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business applications and Digital Workplace solutions through our Digital Transformation Factory. Additionally, we provide transactional services through Worldline, Europe's leader in the payment industry. Our group is also the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic and Paralympic Games and operate under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, Unify and Worldline.
How to apply
Confident this sounds like you? Please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word or PDF format.