Switchboard Service Operator
To provide a professional operator service, acting as the common interface for internal and external callers within the Trust environment. Answer all calls in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner and be responsible for ensuring that all calls are connected to the desired destination. To adopt a flexible approach to customer and management requests as required.
- You will work on a 5-week set rota, covering days, nights, and weekends in between the hours of 8am - 8am. Throughout the 5-week shift pattern it will average out at 37.5 hours per week. Your Saturday shift would be paid at time and a half, your Sunday shift would be paid at double time. Please be aware you will be required to cover nightshifts on this shift pattern.
- Training would take place for 2 weeks on a Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm basis before entering your 5-week shift pattern, where you will continue training for 3 months
Skills we'd like:
- Previous experience in a hospital environment would be desirable but not essential.
- Basic knowledge of IT / PC software packages.
- Experience within a customer service position or within a telephony role is desirable.
- To perform the emergency procedures laid down in the event of any alarm being made e.g., Clinical Emergency Calls, Fire and Security
- To monitor alarms for Blood Fridges, Medical Gases, Fire, Security and Estates.
- To record amendments to Trust and duty rotas as and when required.
- To record daily log events and daily testing.
- To programme Internal pagers for Dr's.
- To contact Trust staff via appropriate system of national pager, internal pager, mobile phone.
- Day to day supervision is provided by the Switchboard Services Manager or nominated member of the team.
- As the Switchboard is a 24hr managed service and there is, on occasion, lone working there is a requirement the operator on duty does not leave the switchboard area unattended for any reason.
How to apply
Confident this sounds like you? Please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word or PDF format.