Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Stoke Gifford, Bristol + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: £42,245.00 - £47,215.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54867
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Data Analyst at our Babcock Technology Centre site.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll have the opportunity to mentor junior members of the team, whilst further developing your management experience and the opportunity to make strategic decisions regarding data analytics.
Day to day, you'll work with customers across the defence sector in building solutions that deliver insight and contribute to better operational decisions. The role covers all aspects of data analysis and will assist with the design and delivery of all initiatives through our Data Exploitation Campaign:
- Delivering analytical capability to a variety of customers with focus on discovering insight into engineering data.
- Leading the analytical function for the Data Exploitation team's contribution into specific projects.
- Managing the delivery of capability to customers.
- Challenging existing processes and procedures to add additional value.
This role is full time, 36 hours based on site at Babcock Technology Centre with hybrid working from home arrangements.
There is a requirement to travel to Leicester and Plymouth as part of the role.
Essential experience of the Senior Data Analyst:
- An analytical mind, ideally from a digital analytics or BI background.
- Has worked as a Data Analytics professional and can show evidence of capability through professional experience.
- Must have a strong coding background with experience in either Python or SQL.
- Experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A strong desire to learn and develop the role beyond its initial scope.
Qualifications for the Senior Data Analyst:
A degree in either mathematics, economics, computer science, information management or statistics
Please note that this position is subject to enhanced national security vetting. The successful candidate must be a sole UK national who is able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining SC, NNPPI or Developed Vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fee
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 15/02/2024