Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Plymouth, Devon + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: £42,245.00 - £49,943.00 dependent upon experience + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55641
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Systems Engineer at our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be part of a team driving the operational readiness of the UK's future nuclear deterrent.
Day to day, you'll be key in providing systems engineering support and assurance, to the MoD, of the design and build life cycle stages of the future Dreadnought Class SSBN, and its transition into service.
- Working with a team of Engineers to ensure that the Dreadnought SSBNs will be able to maintain operational readiness when following their Maintenance, Upkeep, and Operational Cycle (MUOC) in the in-service support environment.
This role is full time, 36 hours per week, and will be based on site at Devonport Royal Dockyard with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Essential experience of the Senior Systems Engineer:
You will need to be personable, professional, and driven with a high level of professional knowledge, the role is part of a multi-disciplinary team that will apply your skills across our support programme. We would also like you to have experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Relevant support and systems engineering experience in a defence and/or commercial engineering environment.
- Ideally will have good understanding and experience of MoD contracts and support related policies.
- Familiarity with the development, planning, and conduct of maintenance programmes/regimes of complex engineering assets.
- Have an awareness of Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) / Integrated Product Support (IPS) processes and relevant standards, particularly: AR&M, FMECA/RCM and MTA/LoRA.
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and the communication of technical information via engineering reports and presentations.
- Identifying technical risks and issues and raising mitigating actions; including developing proposals for investigations and/or solutions /process improvements.
Qualifications for the Senior Systems Engineer:
- Qualified to minimum of a BEng in a STEM discipline (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, System, Data or Maths). Experience in lieu of formal education would be considered. Working towards professional registration of an accredited STEM body such as IMechE, INCOSE, IMarEST or IET.
Please note that this position is subject to enhanced national security vetting. The successful candidate must be a sole UK national who is able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining SC, NNPPI or Developed Vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 15/02/2024