Manpower Recruitment are looking for an exceptional Senior Restaurant Manager in an established Restaurant in Oxford, close to City Centre.
This is Permanent role and would be required to work 5/7 days including evenings, weekends and Bank holidays, on average up-to 48 hours per week.
The role is paying up to £40,000pa depending on experience.
- Free Staff Parking
- Potential additional yearly bonus
- Closed on Christmas day
The Senior Restaurant Manager is responsible for all aspects of the smooth day to day running of the restaurant and customer dining experience. As a key member of the senior management, you are required to be a driving force of the business, a welcoming and recognisable face for all customers and to motivate and train your team to deliver excellent customer service.
- Delivering an excellent customer service and dining experience across all aspects of the business.
- Carry out diligent, organised and thorough training programmes for all FOH members of the team. To be carried out for new recruits as well as ongoing development of existing members.
- Lead from the front with a knowledgeable approach to all F+B offerings, to enhance customers dining experience. Constant training on wine lists, drinks offerings and menus to the FOH team required to keep knowledge fresh and engaged.
- Manage the team of junior managers to ensure they comply with all training and learning objectives and affectively assist you in FOH team development.
- Work alongside the General Manager to generate and update all training material, keeping this fresh and relevant as the business develops and menus change.
- Attentive approach to all cash handling, both in FOH daily transactions and Management daily reconciliation, to minimise cash variances.
- Careful command of handling and recording of wet wastage, to include: service errors and recoveries, comps, line clean and correct handling (cellar management and verre du vin for example).
- Strict management of staff costs and productivity, working alongside the General Manager to ensure wage percentage targets are being met.
- A driving force, constantly bringing ideas to the table as to how we can improve what we do in all areas, to ensure we never become stagnant.
- Active participation on weekly management meetings and one to one weekly meetings with the General Manager.
- Daily written handovers to the following duty manager and any issues that arise clearly and promptly communicated to the GM. Clear written communication is a vital part of the role.
- Ensure restaurant is sufficiently staffed at all times, finding sick cover etc. You will be expected to step in at any point as required, including on rest days.
- Actively engage with all business social media platforms.
If interested please get in contact with a Manpower Representative.