We are currently seeking an Internal Communications & Issues Manager (Personal Care), for a temporary role, to work with our global FMCG client Unilever, renowned for brands such as Dove, Sure, Persil, and Simple, to become an integral part of their fast-paced FMCG environment.
This is a hybrid position based at Blackfriars on London's Victoria Embankment, just a short walk from Blackfriars tube, a minimum of 2 days per week (usually a Wednesday and Thursday). This is a full-time temporary role for 12 Months, requiring 36.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Compensation for this role is competitive, paying up to £59,000 per annum, pro rata, depending upon experience.
Unilever Personal Care is a business with much-loved deodorant, skin cleansing, and oral care brands, including Dove, Rexona, Lux, Axe, Lifebuoy, and Pepsodent. We have a strong commitment to using our scale for good and creating positive impacts on people and the planet. We are looking for an individual passionate about Personal Care brands, innovation and communications to join our agile and driven team as a Personal Care Issues and R&D Communication Manager.
This is a hybrid role with two important objectives, to drive proactive internal communications to increase employee engagement across Personal Care R&D teams and support on issues management communications across Personal Care. This will involve working closely with the Chief R&D Officer for Personal Care and the Head of Communications & Corporate Affairs for Personal Care and with their respective teams. You will have experience in employee engagement, creating inspiring internal communications content across channels, keen interest in science, technology, product development, ingredients and packaging etc, with a keenness to learn more about proactive issues management and governance.
- Lead the planning, delivery and measurement of the Personal Care (PC) R&D internal communications plan, working closely with the Chief R&D Officer, R&D HR, R&D Strategy Director, the PC R&D Leadership Team and the PC Communications & Corporate Affairs team
- Engage employees in PC R&D strategy, driving ambition, sharing best practices, celebrating success and demonstrating recognition across teams to help build a high performing, inclusive and positive culture
- Establish a calendar of events and drumbeat of content that is on strategy including key channels i.e. virtual townhalls, leader emails, videos, newsletters, market visits townhalls, virtual engagement/listening sessions, viva engage community etc.
- Support the PC Chief R&D Officer as leader-advocate on LinkedIn creating posts and growing engagement with the PC R&D Community and helping to position Unilever as an employer of choice
- Flow relevant PC R&D stories to the PC C&CA team for inclusion in overall PC comms and/or Unilever comms
- Support the PC Head of Communications & Corporate Affairs as Secretariat of the Issue Policy Group - including care and maintenance of the IPG SharePoint site, training materials, key documents, agenda, pre-read and minutes
- Review brand, market or functional campaigns/communications/activations for risk and provide feedback, escalating concerns
- Draft content on issue topics including key messages, media responses, website copy and internal communications
- Support the Head of Communications & Corporate Affairs and Senior Issues & Corporate Affairs Manager as needed with the handling of issue/crisis arising
- Proven expertise in internal leadership communications and employee engagement communications including business partnering
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong ability to work independently to drive an internal communications programme forward
- Some experience or exposure to external communications, media relations, PR or issues management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with high level of attention to detail
- Strong networker, team player, and comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders. Outstanding interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Familiar with digital channels and content creation - live streaming, events, Teams, Populo, video recordings etc
- Calm under pressure, ability to problem solve, analyse situations, and handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Cultural sensitivity and resilience
Blackfriars working environment:
- Iconic location on the Victoria embankment, modern working environment
- Short walk from Blackfriars station
- Staff shop discounted products
- Free tea & coffee facilities
- Onsite Deli and a restaurant open for breakfast and lunch
- Gym is available for use (subscription required).