Manpower is recruiting for the role of Skilled Production Operator to work with our client, a major manufacturing company in Edinburgh on a temp to perm opportunity.
If you are hard working with great attention to detail, you want to learn and gain new skills in a stable industry, this might just be the role for you.
The main scope of this role will initially be operating our semi-automatic band-saw and CNC drill but will expand for the right applicant to include operating our hydraulic press and 3 axis milling machines working to within 0.5mm tolerances.
The role will be day shift initially until training has been completed. Upon completion the operator would be expected to undertake shift work. Working 2 weeks day shift/ 2 weeks back shift or night shift dependent on business needs.
Dayshift - Monday to Thursday - 7:15am to 3:45pm, Friday - 7:00am to 12:00pm
Nightshift - Monday to Wednesday - 9:00pm to 7:00am, Thursday - 10:00am to 7:00pm
Key skills for production operators
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Attention to detail
- Able to follow instructions and production schedules
- Able to act quickly when a problem arises
- Production experience
- CNC experience - preferred but not essential
FLT Licence would be an advantage as would over-head crane experience, but full training will be provided.
Our client has a progressive training plan where your remuneration corresponds to your product and process knowledge. For each step, they plan 3 months training and an assessment to progress into the next level and assume new duties.
Skilled Production Operator Pay Rates & Progression
- £12.50 - Train and Learn the Saw and Drill operations, in conjunction with obtaining the certification to operate the Over-Head crane system. Participation in OPEX and Suggestion Reward Scheme
- £12.75 - On completion of the previous training and with the knowledge to work independently and safely. This will also allow for access to the Shift rotations. Train and Learn additional Machine (Bender) Continuation of OPEX and Suggestion Reward Scheme
- £13.51 - Train and Learn additional machine (Elgamill - Asquith) and Mobile Plant (Forklift - Sideloader), Continuation of OPEX and Suggestion Reward Scheme.
Interested in this fantastic opportunity? Apply online today!!