Job Title: Facilities Management Technician
Location: Clyde, Faslane
Compensation: £38,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55817
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Facilities Management Technician at our HMNB Clyde site.
As a Facilities Management Technician, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be part of a large scale project within a marine training school that is expected to last until 2037.
Day to day, you'll be in charge of the maintenance and repair of the facilities on site, including air con, steam system, general electrical systems, water systems, heating etc.
- Electrical and mechanical maintenance
- Administration - arranging contractors and liaising with security to get staff on to site
- Ensuring regulations are followed to the highest standard
This role is full time 37 hours per week and will be based at HMNB Clyde.
Essential experience of the Facilities Management Technician:
- Electrical experience
- Mechanical experience
- IT Literacy desirable
- IOSH beneficial
Qualifications for the Facilities Management Technician:
- Level 3 electrical qualification, or a recognised apprenticeship
- 17th / 18th edition electrical course
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 16/02/24