Job Title:Health Safety and Environment Representative
Compensation:Competitive + Benefits
Role Type:Full time / Permanent
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Health Safety and Environment Representative (HSE) at our Bovington.
As a HSE Representative, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll make a real difference, working in diverse and complex industrial environments, advising all levels of the business on HSE matters in support of strategically significant national projects your work will help ensure all go home safe every day.
Day to day, you'll provide support to operational staff and managers upon the means of managing health, safety and environment risks and implementing the requirements of company HSE standards, identification and application of best practice and the development of a positive health and safety culture throughout the workforce.
- Working with site Managers and operational staff to ensure compliance with Defence Equipment Policies and Processes and providing feedback to operations upon how to meet Babcock HSE improvements
- Working with the HSE Advisors, review site risk controls and HSE safety arrangements to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Review work activities and identify opportunities in collaboration with operations to improve Risk controls
- Work with operational teams to assess the local understanding of current controls and engage and explore how risks can be reduced
- Conduct local HSE audits and produce effective learning, sharing with other sites
This role is full time and will be based at Bovington onsite.
Essential experience of the Health Safety and Environment Representative:
- Proven experience in a full-time operations role
- Competent IT user with experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Data bases)
- Full UK driving licence
Qualifications for the Health Safety and Environment Representative:
- Certificate (L2) in Health and Safety / HSE or equivalent qualification or be working towards
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Company car or car allowance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fee
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 09/02/24