Job Title: Engineering Support Joiner
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh
Compensation: £35,558 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55739
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Joiner at our HMNB Clyde site.
As a Joiner, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will have the opportunity to work within the core of the submarine service.
Day to day, you'll use your skills for a wide variety of furniture and ornaments for use on board the ships, including cabinets, bookshelves, plaques etc.
- Completion of joinery, carpentry and locksmith work to ensure the department meets the objectives of the business.
- Ensure that work is carried out in line with current processes and make suggestions on improving systems and processes to increase productivity in accordance with set objectives and timescales.
- Work within all H&S legislation, Safe Systems of Work and control of work processes within BM&T Clyde policies.
This role is full time 36 hours per week and will be based at Clyde.
Essential experience of the Joiner:
- Experience as Carpenter or Finishing Joiner.
- Quality Assurance documentation
- COSHH and safe systems of work
- Knowledge of some of the following: HM Submarine operating procedures, interpretation of engineering drawings, locksmith activities and operation of fixed and portable machinery
Qualifications for the Joiner:
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 02/02/24