An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world-leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Marmite, Hellman's Mayonnaise and Coleman's Mustard, is currently seeking a Machine Operator based at Burton upon Trent. This is on ongoing temporary basis with opportunities to go permanent.
£13.23 p/hour, increasing to £13.79 after 12 weeks.
Eight hours shifts working Monday - Friday, rotating weekly between AM,PM and night shift.
Critical Skills and Responsibilities:
- Maintain machinery to the prescribed standards and levels of cleanliness.
- Understand properties of materials being handled. Able to perform correct adjustment and setting.
- Proactively work with Professional Maintenance and Quality Control staff to achieve zero breakdowns and zero defects.
- Carry out product and process changeovers/washouts to maintain quality standards whilst minimising the impact to the production plan.
- Monitor quality against set standards and report any product and packaging faults. Detects process abnormalities quickly and take emergency action to prevent them.
- Reduce costs due to waste and minimise impact to health, safety, and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
- Conducts effective hand-over activities and records accurately events that have occurred during shift (cases packed/ rejects/maintenance conducted etc).
- Basic mechanical awareness
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good IT skills so to manage data, control systems, material movement records, losses and quality
- Previous experience with SAP highly desirable
- History of working as a machine operator, preferably within an FMCG environment
- Experience in using a Pedestrian pallet truck (PPT, LLOP) and Reach Forklift Truck is desirable but not essential as in-house training certification can be provided