Job Title: Bid Manager
Location: Babcock Technology Centre, Bristol
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55791
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Bid Manager at our Bristol site.
As a Bid Manager you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Babcock is on the hunt for a driven Bid Manager to work with us to build our business, and their career. We are looking for ambitious, energetic, and value-driven people who are brave and able to find a way to deliver - to test, learn, and adapt and raise the bar. Our customers are at the centre of all we do, so we are looking for people who can help us and our customers work together to grow our business. The role will demand the highest levels of personal commitment and collaborative working alongside solid, demonstrable experience across the Business Winning Lifecycle.
Day to day, you'll manage the execution of the Company Business Winning process, including colour team reviews, competitor analysis and win strategy reviews and boards. To manage and be accountable for bid programmes from PQQ to Contract Award, as well as:
- Work with opportunity owners and business development teams to develop and provide customised business winning solutions and strategies.
- Lead and chair Governance and Approval activities associated with Business Winning.
- In collaboration with the Opportunity Owner, to identify and champion the win themes, and business winning strategy to assure the best opportunity is gained in securing the win. To ensure all Customer requirements are captured in the tender submission.
- Work with the Business Development teams to ensure that Capture Plans are handed over to the bid team at a sufficient maturity to support the clear articulation of the win strategy in the tender documentation.
This role is a hybrid role with 2 days per week onsite at Bristol.
Essential experience of the Bid Manager:
- Experience in business winning, development, capture and solution development with demonstrable success in previous roles.
- Demonstrable experience is building relationships and leading pan-business cross functional teams.
- Able to manage/lead Customer and Supplier engagement meetings at senior/board level with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Leading business winning activities on major programmes in the defence industry and securing contracts on these programmes.
- Knowledge of defence procurement processes and contracting mechanisms. (desirable)
Qualifications for the Bid Manager:
- Ideally degree qualified (or equivalent) in Business, Engineering or similar
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS/SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 16/02/2024