Job Title: Programme Manager - Engineering
Location: Andover, Hampshire or Donnington, Derby + Hybrid Working
Compensation: £50,000+ Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55870
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Programme Manager.
As a Programme Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll deliver specific targeted projects to support our army customer, transitioning the contract to a Qualifying Defence Contract, improving the availability of equipment readiness and availability, developing and strengthening UK defence industrial capability and providing value for money.
Day to day, you'll manage the output of a variety of dedicated activities to support the Reframe programme, dedicated to a specific workstream, each workstream programme reporting into the broader portfolio. The programme manager will work across multiple stakeholder groups supporting opportunity owners to deliver growth outputs, through effective planning, management, and reporting. This position plays a crucial role in the transformation of our support to the British Army through the Reframe programme.
- Facilitate communication among the programmes' cross-functional teams.
- Lead the output, reporting and governance for a specific workstream in the Reframe programme. Ensure that the programme reflects the purpose of the Reframe programme.
- Lead meetings and engagements regarding programme output, communication, engagement, and performance.
- Lead the internal governance of dedicated programmes, ensuring compliance with our commercial framework, ensuring plans are presented and delivered through governance efficiently and effectively.
- Work closely with the Workstream Lead and portfolio office to agree appropriate communication and project and programme methodologies as they arise and mature, ensuring that all messaging is in line with Babcock's purpose and principles and gain support from across the internal and external stakeholder community.
This role is full time and will be based at either Andover or Donnington on hybrid working from home arrangements.
Essential experience of the Programme Manager - Engineering
- Experience of developing and implementing a communication plan, with a clear ability to inspire, motivate and galvanise cross-functional individuals.
- Experience working within complex governance frameworks, with contracting mechanisms, and with customers.
Qualifications for the Programme Manager - Engineering
- Degree qualified and/or substantial experience in Programme Management
- Completed (or working towards) project management methodology (e.g. APM, PRINCE2).
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 12/02/2024