Job Title: HV Operations Manager
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Compensation: Highly Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55377
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a HV Operations Manager at our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
As a HV Operations Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll have an overall view and oversight of the High Voltage networks, whilst managing a team on the Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
Day to day, you'll ensure the networks are operated and controlled effectively.
- Manage the operation of High Voltage (HV) electrical distribution networks installed at Devonport Royal Dockyard.
- Ensure all operations, modifications and upgrade activities are carried out safely and in accordance with correct process.
- Act as first line manager for the Shift Manager Authorised Person in Control (SMAPC).
- Manage modifications, upgrade and repair activities associated with the high voltage electrical distribution networks installed at Devonport Royal Dockyard acting as technical representative for contractor works.
- Own the HV safe system of work and train/asses competence against this standard.
This role is full time, 36 hours based on site at Devonport Royal Dockyard.
Essential experience of the HV Operations Manager:
- Need to have previous knowledge of low and high voltage systems.
- Must have experience in managing HV authorised persons.
- Previous experience of working with high and low voltage systems.
- The successful candidate would preferably have experience of acting as a high voltage authorised person.
- Previous experience of operating or maintaining electrical plant and equipment.
Qualifications for the HV Operations Manager:
- Higher National Diploma/Degree Electrical or equivalent, Chartership - Desirable.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave.
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement.
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity.
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing Date: 16/02/2024