Job Title: Design Engineer
Location: Plymouth, Devon + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: £42,245.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55222
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Design Engineer at our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
As a Design Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll support the Design and Safety Management Team, who act as the delegated Design Authority for all babcock owned facilities at Devonport Royal Dockyard. The team is responsible for providing specialist knowledge, support and advice to the Facility Plant / Project Managers.
Day to day, you'll play a vital role by supplying specialist knowledge, support and advice as necessary to enable the Plant / Project Managers to comply with statutory legislation and requirements. You will also:
- Provide design advice and support for the defuel facilities.
- Support the development and maintenance of requirements for the defuel facilities.
- Provide guidance and advice to support the Plant Manager / customer on plant / Facility Design and legislative requirements.
- Provide advice to the Plant Manager / customer on the implementation and maintenance of plant in accordance with the Business Management System and any legislative requirements.
- Support the wider DRDL Design Authority organisation.
This role is full time, 36 hours based on site at Devonport Royal Dockyard with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Essential experience of the Design Engineer:
- Engineering principals within area of expertise.
- Regulations, legislation, and standards that are applicable to nuclear system design.
- Design / operations in high hazard industries.
- Technical report writing.
- Knowledge of the defuel facilities, plant and processes - desirable.
Qualifications for the Design Engineer:
- Educated to Degree level in an Engineering or Scientific discipline. (Mechanical and Electrical Engineer)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 19/02/2024