Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: Up to £50,000 (Dependent on Experience) + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54905
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Financial Accountant at our Portsmouth site.
As a Financial Accountant, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Generating significant value by collaborating with the wider Babcock Finance team, to support the standardisation of central finance processes, in all aspects of Fixed and Lease Assets across the UK business.
Day to day, you'll be reporting to the Finance Manager (Fixed and Lease Assets) supporting the Land and Corporate business sectors, the Financial Accountant role will focus on Fixed and Lease assets including the Aviation fleet, ensuring the application of best practice, standardisation and effective controls:
- Working with Babcock sectors in Fixed and Lease Asset budgeting, forecasting and reporting to ensure compliance with company, statutory and audit requirements.
- Supporting the development of consistent policies for accounting for Fixed and Lease Assets across Babcock Group, implementing best practice and standardisation
- Assisting the Finance Manager (Fixed and Lease Assets) in playing a coordination and support role with colleagues in France, Canada and Australia relating to aircraft assets as required.
- Working within the capital investment team in the area of capital expenditure proposals, ensuring full approval in a timely manner to enable the successful delivery of the capex portfolio.
This role is a full-time position that is contracted at 37.5 hours a week and will be based at our Portsmouth site, with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Essential Experience of the Financial Accountant:
- Demonstratable experience of working within a Finance function, ideally in a complex international business environment.
- Experience of reviewing and improving finance processes with a fresh perspective is beneficial.
- Commercial awareness with a good understanding of the business environment including customers, competitors, etc.
- IFRS16 or similar experience is highly desirable but, not essential.
- Experience or a background in audit or fixed and / or lease accounting is ideal but, not essential.
Qualifications for the Financial Accountant:
- You will hold or be working towards a recognised accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, ACMA, ICAEW, ICAS) or similar / equivalent.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.