Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire & Bristol + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Up to £60,000 (Dependent on Experience) + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54038
At Cavendish Nuclear we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Finance Manager at our Leicester or Bristol site.
As a Finance Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Joining a fast growing business unit and providing dedicated financial support to a major project or contract; maintaining systems, ledgers and financial records for the project/contract, providing analytical, technical or controlling support in accordance with Cavendish Nuclear and Group policies and procedures.
Day to day, you'll be embedded within the project / contract leadership to support the project / contract by delivering financial control, reporting and management information that is accurate, timely and reliable; all the while you'll be expected to assist in the clear presentation of the financial state of the project / contract & the financial impact of management decisions and indecision:
- Work closely with project controls and commercial teams to ensure robust financial governance and controls and accuracy of contract outturn forecasting.
- Support to claim / CE recovery and revenue maximisation, whilst highlighting to the senior finance team areas of concern.
- Assist project / contract management in the interpretation of financial and contractual information so that any necessary corrective actions and/or opportunities are quickly identified and implemented.
- Provide ad hoc financial support to project / contract managers.
This role is a full-time position that is contracted 37-hours a week and can be based at out Leciester or Bristol sites, with hybrid working from home arrangements. There may be a requirement to attend meetings whether that is face to face at Leicester and Bristol, or virtually.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Essential Experience of the Finance Manager:
- Extensive experience of working in project accounting environments.
- Demonstratable business / process analysis skills.
- Influencing and communication skills at all levels.
- Experience of working with customers and senior management.
- Previous experience in engineering or contracting environment is highly desirable.
Qualifications for the Finance Manager:
- You must hold or be working towards a recognised Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ACMA, ICAS, ICAEW) or similar / equivalent.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.