Job Title: Senior Signalling Installer
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Compensation: £45,294.6 + overtime + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55900
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Signalling Installer at our Translink offices in Northern Ireland.
As a Senior Signalling Installer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be responsible for checking and monitoring the quality of installation works, to ensure staff work safely and efficiently
Day to day, you'll Lead and direct a team, ensuring acceptable productivity and workmanship of all team members.
- Ensure all site operations are carried out safely, and in accordance with standards, report on accidents / near misses as required.
- Assist in the planning of on site operations, and future projects.
- Ensure all relevant site records and paperwork are completed and left in a correct and orderly state.
- Undertake ES, TSC duties as required, together with other relevant safety duties / briefs.
- Use power tools and portable plant where certified to do so.
- Carry out / assist in S.M.T.H work as required.
This role is full time 35 hours per week and will be based in Belfast. If you are currently living outside of Northern Ireland, we do offer a relocation allowance, or alternatively, there is the option to work shits, and Babcock will pay for your travel to England, Scotland or Wales in between, as well as a subsistence allowance.
Essential experience of the Senior Signalling Installer:
- Significant signalling experience
- Leadership experience
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Undertaken Technical signalling courses
Qualifications for the Senior Signalling Installer:
- IRSE Licence
- Signalling modules SMTH, Mod 3C, Mod 5 desirable.
- TSC desirable.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 20/02/24