Job Title: Mast and Periscope Engineer
Location: Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute
Compensation: £36,000 - £44,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55530
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Mast and Periscope Engineer at our Clyde Faslane site.
As a Mast and Periscope Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be responsible for conducting maintenance and modification activities on Royal Navy vessel systems.
Day to day, you'll conduct maintenance, alterations and additions on the mast, periscope, radar and radio systems on board Royal Navy and entitled vessels.
- Diagnosis and rectification of defects
- Dismantle, refurbish and reassemble electronics
- Carry out self inspections before official hand over to ship staff
- Review of mast, periscope radio and radar documentation
This role is full time, working from HMNB Clyde aswell as travel to other locations.
Essential experience of the Mast and Periscope Engineer
- Mechanical and/or electrical engineering background
- Prior knowledge of masts / periscopes advantageous
- Diagnosis experience
Qualifications for the Mast and Periscope Engineer
- HNC / HND or equivalent in relevant engineering subject
- Manual Handling and Working at Height advantageous
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.