We are currently seeking an interim Assistant Global Brand Manager, to work with our global FMCG client renowned for brands such as Lynx, Sure, Persil, and Simple, to become an integral part of their fast-paced FMCG environment.
The position is based at Blackfriars on London's Victoria Embankment, just a short walk from Blackfriars tube. This is a full-time temporary role for 1 year, requiring 36.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Compensation for this role is competitive, paying up to £46,500 per annum, depending upon experience.
The role will require 2 days per week onsite working and 3 days remotely.
Are you ready to work on one of our clients most well-known and exciting brands?
Launched in 1983, Axe/ Lynx has developed into one of the most iconic brands globally, quickly becoming the biggest Male PC brand in the world and a true cultural phenomenon.
Our vision is to make Axe/ Lynx the most innovative CPG brands, delivering product innovations and 360 engagement plans that are cool, bold, talkable, and superbly crafted for gen z and gen alpha guys. We want to create a superior and premium fragrance brand, and as an Assistant Brand Manager in our team, you will play a key part in bringing this vision to life.
Think you've got what it takes? Alright then. Read on!
- Reporting to the Axe/Lynx Global Brand Manager, this role will allow you to help lead the shape of the Future of Axe/Lynx deodorants.
- In your role you will support the Global Brand Manager in landing innovation projects from start to end, ensuring that all projects land On Time in Full (OTIF). This includes concept creation, product & packaging design, claims development, and business case creation. This will be done through close partnerships with Research & Development, Supply Chain, Consumer Market Insights, Procurement, and Finance.
- Your everyday job will involve strategic thinking and crafting. This includes deeply understanding Deodorant/ Body spray specific insights, creating brilliant concepts as well as crafting products using new and breakthrough technologies and formats that deliver superior benefits. As part of your innovation projects, you will work with cross-functional teams. You will also often work with external partners too, such as research agencies, world-class design agencies as well as the best fragrance experts globally.
- As this role involves working on a priority project, you will also get exposure to senior stakeholders.
- The scope of this role will be global. This means that you will be partnering with the Axe/ Lynx teams in our international markets.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience in a similar brand management/marketing role with strong project management skills
- Experience managing cross-functional teams to deliver innovation projects.
- FMCG experience is highly desirable
- Consumer understanding -understand and represent the target market better than anybody else, being connected to them and immersed in their culture. Know the pulse of Gen Z and now Gen Alpha as too.
- Data-driven approach -using data to make informed decisions and recommendations.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and out-of-the-box thinking - not taking things for granted and challenging the status quo when it gets in the way.
- Team working - team-first approach. Always.
- Crafting skills - having an eye for what's cool and paying a lot of attention to detail + taking pride in creating superior propositions and products.
- Influencing skills - being comfortable working with both internal and external stakeholders and can influence them.
- Passion for growth and high performance - putting great care and rigour into what you do, being accountable for and taking pride in your work.
- Fun - celebrating wins and having fun together!
Blackfriars working environment:
- Iconic location on the Victoria embankment, modern working environment
- Short walk from Blackfriars station
- Staff shop discounted products
- Free tea & coffee facilities
- Onsite Deli and a restaurant open for breakfast and lunch
- Gym is available for use subscription required.