Role: Business Support
Salary: Up to £19.13 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday to Friday with potential to become Hybrid
Job Purpose / Overview:
The Early Careers team is growing, and we need someone to step into the Business Support role. This position is crucial for our programs, ensuring they run smoothly and meet the growing demands of our business.
We have a particular need within our Nuclear families, supporting areas like Nuclear Services (GBP), Sizewell C (SZC), and Nuclear Operations, along with ongoing support for Hinkley Point C (HPS) and Nuclear Decommissioning. The Early Careers Business Support role is all about making sure our Early Careers Programs are top-notch by handling administrative tasks, managing program elements, and communicating with both internal and external stakeholders. This role is a key part of providing a positive experience for everyone involved.
The Business Support role acts as a bridge between program participants and the program lead. It covers various aspects of the business, such as Recruitment and Onboarding, Welcome and Induction, Operational Program Delivery, Training Providers, and Qualifications leading to permanent positions.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Organising Welcome webinars for new program participants
- Conducting Line Manager Role and Responsibility sessions for new starters
- Supporting the organisation of new start inductions
- Arranging forums and presentations for different programs
- Managing meetings with stakeholders
- Handling the Early Careers Mailbox
- Collating and managing performance feedback
- Organising Meet and Greet sessions with Mentors
- Supporting the organisation of graduation events
- Managing Early Careers Share point
- Assisting Early Careers Programme Leads in day-to-day operations
- Managing various data collection tasks, such as Reward and Recognition, Wellbeing surveys, etc.
- Providing clear and effective communications to various groups
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
Strong communication skills with attention to detail
Creativity and innovation in finding more efficient ways of working using technology
Genuine interest in nuclear energy, the power generation industry, and technology
Desire to support individuals on their program and career journey
Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
Flexibility to travel
Experience working within Early Careers or with Adolescent people is a plus
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
Recognising the need to create a safe working environment
Following work instructions, rules, procedures, etc.
Reporting any confusing or inappropriate rules
Reporting potential hazards in the work environment