Job Title:Mechanical Technician
Compensation:Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type:Full time / Permanent
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Mechanical Technician at our Whetstone site.
As a Mechanical Technician you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. As a Mechanical Technician you will be part of a team of highly skilled technicians and support staff who deliver global defence equipment. You will work within and promote a world class safety culture ensuring all employees and visitors return 'home safe, every day'. As a Babcock employee you will live by our principles of Be Curious, Be Kind, Be Courageous, Think Outcomes, Collaborate and Own and Deliver
Day to day, you'll read and work to engineering drawings and technical manuals, as well as:
- Use assembly and fitting hand tools.
- Strip, survey and produce written survey reports.
- Have a sound understanding of traceability and compliance.
- Record serial numbers and measurement of critical dimensions
- Communicate with supporting engineers effectively to aid problem solving.
- Work to high safety standards - IOSH working safely trained or equivalent would be an advantage.
This role is full time and based onsite at our Whetstone location.
Essential experience of the Mechanical Technician:
- We are looking for someone who has previous experience of assembly and fitting of high-quality mechanical equipment in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications.
- Experience or a working knowledge of hydraulic testing would be desirable.
- A driven individual who has a desire to own and deliver and can work well in a close team who are flexible and enjoy variation.
Qualifications for the Mechanical Technician:
- The ideal candidate with have completed a mechanical technician apprenticeship or similar, can read engineering drawings and use standard measuring equipment.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS/SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fee
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 16/02/2024