Job Title: Supportability Embed Engineer
Lovation: UK, either Plymouth, Bristol or Warrington
Compensation: £42,245 - £56,837 dependent upon experience + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54371
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Supportability Embed Engineer at either our Devonport Royal Dockyard, Babcock Technology Centre or Warrington sites.
As a Supportability Embed Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary where you will have opportunity to build on your experience maintaining UK submarines, ensuring that the positives are built upon and the negatives, where possible, designed out.
Day to day, you'll utilise the design for support artefacts, engage with the Integrated Delivery Team (IDT) Leads and conduct a continual assessment of the functional and spatial design.
- Support the completion and continual update of the respective System Design Statements (SDS) owned by the IDTs.
- Participation in IDTs during reviews of CAD model and Class drawings for supportability concerns; assist IDTs in the generation of supportability evidence for insurance and assurance reviews.
- Providing pro-active supportability assistance and free thinking for the above engineering areas of responsibility.
This role is full time - 36 hours and will be based on site at either our Devonport Royal Dockyard, Babcock Technology Centre or Warrington sites. There is a requirement to occasionally travel between these locations as part of the role.
Essential experience of the Supportability Embed Engineer:
- Experience of the specification, planning and/or delivery of submarine maintenance in a waterfront setting, particularly but not limited to:
o Project delivery
o Production delivery
o Commissioning and set-to-work
- Good understanding of submarine design, from critical support aspects through to specific operation and maintenance of the Major Systems.
- Knowledge of RN submarine maintenance and support.
Qualifications for the Supportability Embed Engineer:
We value difference and don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
Please note that this position is subject to enhanced national security vetting. The successful candidate must be a sole UK national who is able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining SC, NNPPI or Developed Vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave.
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement.
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity.
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing Date: 20/02/2024