Job Title: Senior Planner
Location: Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute
Compensation: £44,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55122
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Planner at our Clyde, Faslane site.
As a Senior Planner , you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will provide an advanced level of project scheduling support, direction and coaching to projects teams. Ensuring maintenance period schedules are developed and maintained within Babcock Group's Project Management & Planning, ensuring policies and standards are met via quality schedules that satisfy the requirements of the business and the needs of the customer.
Day to day, you'll lead and manage a small team of planners/ schedulers, who provide direct support to Fleet project teams, to support project managers delivery of projects within the required safety standards, time, cost, and quality targets.
- Provide probabilistic schedule risk analysis and cost risk analysis (SRA) to inform the project/programme bid process.
- Conduct resource assignment analysis across live Fleet projects to identify resource conflicts, over allocations and opportunities. Seek corrective action by agreeing task rescheduling and or task estimate and duration validation and the provision of long- and short-term programme level resource forecasts that feed the Integrated Base Plan (IBP).
- Develop and maintain Project Planning templates that are optimised for the corporate structure (Project Specific Teams)
- Develop Project planners' skill sets through coaching.
This role is full time and will be based at HMNB Clyde, near Helensburgh.
Essential experience of the Senior Planner:
- P6 experience is a prerequisite of the role as it entails assurance checks on the P6 plan and all the nuances that come with time served using the package.
- Development of Project planners' skill sets through coaching and ensure that schedules meet industry standard Project Management & Planning policies and standards.
- Lead, influence and provide guidance to project teams on the development and maintenance of project schedules that meet the requirements of the business and that supports a Project Delivery Framework (PDF) incorporating project controls methodologies.
- Conduct resource assignment analysis across project(s) to identify resource conflicts, over allocations and opportunities. Seek corrective action by agreeing task rescheduling and or task estimate and duration validation using resource levelling and smoothing techniques.
- Provision of probabilistic schedule risk analysis & cost risk analysis (QRSRA) to inform the project/programme bid process .
Qualifications for the Senior Planner:
- HNC/D in Project Management or Equivalent (APM)
- Risk Management
- Project Controls
- Qualifications may be wavered depending on experience.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave.
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement.
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity.
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.