Job Title: Warranty and After Sales Engineer
Location: Rosyth + Hybrid
Compensation: Competitive+ Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55810
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Warranty and After Sales Engineer(office based) at our Babcock LGE Rosyth site.
Through expert engineering, procurement, project management and aftermarket support - combined with world-leading technologies - Babcock' s LGE business future-proofs our customers' assets, allowing improved performance while reducing operational costs and meeting ever-tightening environmental and emission regulations.
As a Warranty And After Sales Engineer (office based), you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. The Warranty & AfterSales Engineer shall report directly to the Warranty Department Manager. Working closely with the Engineering and Projects Departments, the engineer provides warranty and aftersales support to our client's vessels.
The role is mainly office based (Rosyth, Scotland) providing internal department support, and remote support to clients, but can also include overseas visits to Clients, Sites, Suppliers and other locations as required to support the business needs as instructed, including technical discussions on proposals/solutions.
Day to day, you'll
- Monitor incoming enquiries through the Warranty and AfterSales inboxes. As responsible Project, Warranty and AfterSales Engineer you will be investigating mechanical and process issues and providing trouble shooting advice to internal/external clients. Assist with correspondence internally within the department and externally with clients (Yards, Owners, Ship Management companies and Ship Staff).
- Maintain Project specific warranty spread sheets, Central Warranty Database, and correspondence folders from claim received to closure.
- As necessary identify and specify any replacement materials needed to resolve and rectify warranty and aftersales requirements
- Liaise with the Procurement Department and navigate and operate the "Warranty" and AfterSales Central database throughout all the different stages of the
This role is full time 37hrs/week and will be based at Rosyth site with hybrid arrangements: 2 days a week on the office, 3 days working from home.
Essential experience of the Warranty and After Sales Engineer
- Engineering background essential, preferably marine.
- Systematic, logical and methodical approach.
- Clear and confident communicator.
- Being organised, capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Great attention to detail.
Qualifications for the Warranty and After Sales Engineer
- Minimum of HNC in engineering discipline.
- Practical experience in marine environment would be preferred.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.