Job Title: Project Support Officer
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54619
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Support Officer at our Ashchurch site.
As a Project Support Officer at the front of delivering some of the UK's key Defence and Security contracts, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll provide support to complex projects as well as managing your own portfolio of minor projects, supporting with the timely and cost-effective delivery of products and services to our customers.
Day to day, you'll:
- Work as a key member of the Project Management Office (PMO) providing end-to-end delivery of all contract tasking and projects, you'll report to a Senior Project Manager.
- Manage a portfolio of minor tasks and projects autonomously.
- Produce and maintain high-quality project documentation such as project schedules, risk registers, action logs, change requests, health and safety documentation, Gate packs and handover documentation.
- Support with requirements capture, technical and commercial solutions and the generation of pricing models and proposal documentation.
- Provide regular management information reporting to customers and seniors.
This role is full-time, 37-hours per week and will be based at our Ashchurch site with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Essential experience of the Project Support Officer:
- Great organisational skills to manage changing demands in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of work packages or projects with competing demands and deadlines.
- A team player, able to work well on their own but also play a key support role as part of the PMO team.
- Good financial skills to ensure a high level of profitability on projects.
Qualifications for the Project Support Officer:
- Must possess, or be willing to gain, a baseline understanding of project and risk management methodologies consistent with the Association for Project Management (APM) framework, or equivalent.
Please note that this position is subject to enhanced national security vetting. The successful candidate must be a sole UK national who is able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining SC, NNPPI or Developed Vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.