Manpower working in partnership with Aston Martin are hiring Prototype Technicians for 2024! Join the team and be part of the iconic brand's legacy, crafting luxury performance cars in a state-of-the-art facility.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To prepare instrumentation installations in prototype vehicles / bucks and support whole vehicle & component testing in line with design verification plans of all future AM product
- To build / assemble bespoke Instrumentation systems as directed by Instrumentation engineers.
- To manufacture harnesses, breakout boxes, Instrumentation bespoke interfaces
- Expected to have thorough vehicle knowledge and have the ability to dismantle, prepare and assemble
- vehicle components and sub-assemblies to carry out an instrumentation task.
- Ability to follow work instructions and procedures to enable a robust measurement & data collection
- Will have knowledge of different transducers and their applications for making vehicle and rig based measurements.
- Adhere to company safety, housekeeping and discipline standards.
- Will have excellent soldering skills at connector & PCB level.
- Will be able to work to circuit diagrams / electrical schematics
Experience working with Hybrid or Electric vehicles or working with High Voltage systems would be an advantage.
The role requires a high level of creative problem solving, A strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals/problem solving techniques are required to deliver high quality/innovative solutions to the project. The ability to visualise a solution to a problem that most other cannot see is fundamental.
Desired Qualifications or Experience
- Min 5 years Prestige Vehicle Experience
- Ability to read, interpret and work to engineering drawings / process sheets.
- Work experience preparing and supporting Prototype test vehicles.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and software including MS Word & Excel.
- Extensive knowledge of Aston Martin products both past and present.
- Team player but also able to work independently.
- Self-starting, relishes challenges
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Problem solver
- Flexible and adaptable to new situations
- Must be willing to work overtime at short notice both during the week and at weekends to support tight deadlines.
34 Days annual holidays to include shut down periods.
Mypath Development benefits
Volume protection contractual overtime arrangements are in place to ensure required production demands can be met. Stand up and Stand down balances are managed as part of each employees Working Time Account (WTA).
All production employees are required to align with fixed holidays throughout the year in line with production shutdowns. Your annual leave 'floating days' are on a pro-rota basis based on your start date and can be taken outside of those shutdowns.
If an opportunity to work with one of the world's leading prestige brands in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility sounds like it could be the next move for you, please apply with your up to date CV or call the Manpower team now!