Our Market leading client is looking to recruit Electrical Fitter within their Manufacturing business which designs, manufactures and repair's purpose designed lifting equipment, based on site at Wednesbury.
You will get involved with building new equipment and assist with the refurbishment and assembly of overhauled equipment in the workshop, delivering the highest quality of manufacture and repair, both on time and to budget, in accordance with company guidelines and customer specific targets.
As an Electrical Fitter, you will be able to undertake all aspects of electrical fitting, carry out electrical fitting duties associated with the manufacturing and repairing of heavy duty lifting and powered handling equipment.
You will possess the attributes required to help, assist, and guide colleagues from other departments the Business.
Have the confidence and ability to advise of any defects/deficiencies in equipment/arrangements that could compromise the Health and Safety of themselves and others.
You will be working closely with the workshop supervisor to ensure accurate and on time completion of workshop requirements, completing workshop documentation, quality plans, workshop instruction and all relevant inspection records to meet departmental work schedules.
What you'll need:
- Necessary experience and skills to be able to safely operate the machinery and hand tools under his or her charge to produce the components under manufacture to the required accuracy and quality.
- To carry out internal wiring and final wiring of powered industrial mechanical handling equipment.
- Apprenticeship in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
- Competence in carrying out the relevant function of your trade/skills, relating to the electrical aspects of wiring of powered lifting / handling equipment and industrial machinery.
- Have the ability and skill to operate equipment, relating to your trade or training.
- Can carry out work on own initiative.
- Be able to read engineering drawings.
- Use of measuring equipment required for checking of work.
- Full UK manual driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points.
- Ability to support your business unit/team to deliver our ESG Strategy - Decade to Deliver.
Working Hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
What we offer:
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Life assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Canteen facilities
- Opportunities for training, development and career progression
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
- My Staff Shop: discounts and offers for shopping etc. across many suppliers
- Green Commute Initiative: Work scheme for cycling
- Vita - Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Offers free and confidential support and counselling to help you through matters such as wellbeing, divorce, legal, and financial management
If you are interested in this role please apply with an up to date CV. We look forward to hearing from you!