Manpower UK are recruiting on behalf of our highly reputable manufacturing client located in Kidlington for a Quality Systems Engineer. This is a hybrid role working dayshift Monday to Friday and you would have ideally worked within Automotive, Pharmaceuticalelectronics or food manufacturing environments.
You will require a broad understanding of manufacturing business processes and how they interact with and impact the QMS. Additionally, this position develops and leads auditing efforts as they pertain to regulatory bodies and customer auditing events. This effort ensures nonconformities are identified, corrective actions are implemented, and certifications are maintained.
As a Quality System Engineer you will be a critical member of the Team and can partner with employees across the site to ensure the products have the highest level of quality that our customers expect.
- The individual shall perform work in a safe manner by following all safety rules and actively provide recommendations to support and maintain a safe work environment. Be active in company HSE culture by searching out and acting on potential improvements to raise HSE awareness. To drive ownership at all levels and raise employee engagement.
- This position does not have direct reports but will be responsible for managing efforts as they pertain to the IMS including content and coordinate the issuing of these documents. Coordinate the review of Quality procedures associated with operational continuous improvement initiatives and auditing functions which will include managing teams. This role works directly with all IMS process owners across business departments to ensure active engagement and compliance with their portion(s) of the IMS.
- The individual is responsible for hosting/performing internal and external audits for customer and regulatory bodies. Additionally, the individual is responsible for ensuring all post-audit actions and activities are addressed in a timely manner to close the audit.
- The individual is responsible for training others to the IMS and ensuring that their competence and understanding of the QMS is adequate.
- Lead CoSHH activities on site with the support of departmental managers and staff.
- The individual is responsible for leading management reviews and supporting risk assessments, continuous improvement activities, and drive associated actions to closure.
- The individual shall investigate QMS compliance concerns and establish corrective action by working with the respective Departments as required.
- Collate quality data for monitoring targets. Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process, or system. Determine Quality metrics and establish a system for tracking them. Reporting them to the QA Manager monthly.
Required skills & experience:
- Experience working with an IMS in a disciplined regulated industry (Ideally Automotive / Medical) and regulatory surveillance experience preferred.
- Experience with implementing and/or managing a quality system that is ISO9001 / ISO14001 / ISO45001 and ISO50001 compliant
- Experience with internal and external auditing. Ideal candidate is a certified Lead Auditor.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, maintain and develop procedures, controlled documents, and processes
- Demonstrated ability to perform and host internal and external audits.
- Ability to work as well individually as with a multidisciplinary team. Additionally, manage individuals and/or groups for QMS related events
- Versed in basic Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Exemplify strong knowledge of industry protocols and best practices (desirable)
Please forward your CV in the first instance.