We are currently seeking an interim part-time Administration Assistant for the Consumer Centre, to work with our global FMCG client, renowned for brands such as Dove, Sure, Persil, and Simple, and become an integral part of their fast-paced FMCG environment.
The position is based at our client's scientific Research & Development facility in Port Sunlight Village, Wirral easily accessible by train and car. This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months, requiring 30 hours per week, over 4 days. Compensation for this role is competitive, paying £28,304 per annum, pro rata FTE, (£14.51 per hour).
The Consumer Centre at our client's R&D Port Sunlight facilitates consumer testing for a wide range of studies that support the business programme. The Centre provides test facilities, panellist recruitment, appointment booking, hosting, and manages panellist payments.
Main Job Purpose
The administration assistant role combines customer service, data management and general administration. The job will include contributing to the effective and efficient running of the Consumer Centre by arranging appointments, maintaining databases, assisting consumers both in person and over the phone, and working with scientific staff to enable the efficient running of studies. This role is working in a team of 4 and reporting to the Consumer Centre manager/Deputy.
- Allocation of panellists to studies and working with scientists to set up studies
- Answering panellist questions and queries
- Maintaining accurate records of Consumer Centre and panellist activity
- Compliance with Market Research guidelines, adherence to Consumer Centre Code of Conduct and general standard operating procedures including all site safety requirements
- Liaising with the public and with Consumer Centre staff and scientific teams
- Handling sensitive information such as medical histories, adverse reactions, and information/consent documentation
- Working with team to ensure the maintenance and upkeep of the facility
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Competent user of IT systems with the ability to pick up new systems easily - you will have support and time to learn but need to be confident and independent in managing your learning and show rapid progress.
- Experience in an administrative role from a medical, R&D or Market Research or similar environment, using IT systems competently
- Used to a fast-moving work environment with strong time management skills
- Can show initiative and prioritise tasks
- Conversant with MS Office programs, (especially Word & Excel)
- Good professional telephone manner and communication skills.
- Experience of customer service or dealing with members of the public in some capacity is desirable
- Any previous experience of using booking systems for appointments or reservations is highly beneficial
Port Sunlight Research working environment:
- Free onsite parking
- Staff shop discounted products
- Working in state-of-the-art laboratory and pilot plant facilities
- Free parking onsite
- 5 mins walk to train station serving Liverpool & Chester
- 20-minute drive from Liverpool city centre/30-minute drive from Chester
- Disabled parking
- In the heart of picturesque Port Sunlight village
- The sites have three catering outlets which provide a range of hot and cold food and drinks daily.
- In addition there are a range of vending machines and cold water dispensers around the site accessible throughout the day.