Job Title: IT Customer Support Specialist
Location: Bristol, UK
Compensation: £28,000 + Benefits Role
Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55693
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a IT Customer Support Specialist
As a IT Customer Support Specialist you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Based at the Customers Training Hub, you will provide the day-to-day interface between the customer and Babcock's internal IT provider at their nominated site, and partner with key suppliers. The role will also act as the escalation point for all issues of an IT nature.
Day to Day, You'll:
- Be the main point of contact within the customer's HQ at an operational / day to day level as an extension of the customer's on-site team. This will include identifying any customer requirement for support, issue tracking, communications, resolution/escalation and local workarounds to deter contract penalties and service credits.
- Coordinate and communicate with the customer for any changes, upgrades, outages, or general updates, to ensure there is no impact to the Daily Training Programme as well as assisting with deliveries of equipment..
- Provide 2nd Line fault diagnosis and Incident management along with Supporting Joiners and Leavers
- Assist with capacity and resource management activities.
- Liaison with external suppliers to ensure the service provided is fit for purpose and meets the needs of the customer.
- Ensure compliance with Babcock and the Customers regulations and procedures.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are always implemented and complied with.
This role is based onsite with some occasional travel to other sites.
Essential experience of the IT Customer Support Specialist:
- Good overall understanding of IT (Strategy, Road maps, Products, Projects, Services, Processes, Applications, Infrastructure & Data) and its relationship to the business
- Strong customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence perceptions.
- Ability to build effective relationships both internally and with the customer.
- Good commercial awareness - considers the commercial impact of all decisions.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills when handling several tasks at the same time.
Desirable experience of the IT Customer Support Specialist:
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- IT Project management skills
- Ability to problem solve complex technical issues.
- Work with a service desk tool to ensure requests are logged, updated and closed to agreed SLA's.
- Resolve any problems relating to PC's, laptops, Printers, LAN, Videoconference, and other IT and telecommunications systems.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC level security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 16/02/2024