Job Title: Rail Plant Manager - OTM
Location: Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: Competitive Benefits including car allowance
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55797
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Plant Manager at our Rutherglen site.
As a Plant Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll be responsible for managing the operation, maintenance, performance and reliability of Plant, to ensure a quality service to Network Rail, covering Babcock & JV owned on track machines, on track plant and Road Rail vehicles.
Day to day, you'll direct the Policy for Company owned Plant for On Track Machines, Road/Rail Vehicles and rail plant, ensuring compliance with the Company Railway Safety Case and current legislation.
- On-track machines and Rail only plant in a safe and effective manner.
- Ensure maintenance plans are adhered to for the plant under your control, in accordance with VAB certification.
- To be the initial point of contact for Network Rail for SB Rail Scotland OTM related incidents and accidents.
- Own, develop and deliver depot facilities for rail plant maintenance.
- To stand in for the Head of Plant in times of absence
This a permanent, full time role (Mon-Fri) and will require the Plant Manager to be part of an on call rota (1 in 4 weeks).
Essential experience of the Plant Manager:
Although the role is managing plant within the rail industry, we will consider candidates from other sectors although experience with managing large plant equipment is a must.
- Strongly focused on developing a customer focussed and responsive team that is able to deliver a plant service.
- Understands the need to introduce best practice and a continuous improvement culture and has a clean vision of how the Company would operate in such an environment.
- Processes sound knowledge of strategic issues such as Company objectives, market conditions, competitor activity and customer needs. Understands how business works.
- Able to plan effectively. Thinks in the long term as well as the short term. Takes account of the "big picture".
- Able to manage the change required to build the Organisation into motivated and results focused teams.
- Clearly committed to developing a culture of teamwork, continuous improvement and customer focus within the Organisation. Adopts a structural and well though out approach to team-building and managing change.
- Have presence, knowledge and the communications skills to make an effective contribution to meetings and decisions at a strategic level.
Qualifications for the Plant Manager:
Engineering Qualifications in a relevant discipline.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve base line security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.