Arnold Clark Kirkcaldy is looking for a Workshop Controller.Your role
As a Workshop Controller for Arnold Clark, you'll work with the Service Manager to deliver a high level of productivity and an excellent standard of first-time repair, while making sure you always maintain a clean, safe and professional workshop.
This role would be ideal for an organised, quick-thinking person with previous motor industry experience, looking to develop their career and move into a management role. The ability to keep to deadlines and react quickly to technical challenges is important, and you should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.Day-to-day duties
- Managing and coaching a team of vehicle technicians and apprentices, making sure targets and business objectives are met.
- Making sure all servicing work is carried out correctly, competently and on time, with customer satisfaction in mind.
- Ensuring that all your working practices comply with company, DVSA, health and safety and manufacturer policy.
- Working with colleagues and other departments to ensure a seamless service for customers.
- Scheduling work to meet customer needs, taking into account workshop targets, the complexity of each job and the availability of parts.
- Providing estimates for servicing and repairs and setting timescales.
- Assisting technicians with technical challenges and finding the right outcome.
- Accurately recording technician time and writing technical reports and recommendations.
- Relevant experience in the automotive industry, including previous workshop control or technician roles.
- High levels of organisation and accuracy.
- Strong IT skills.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with customers and colleagues across other departments, both face-to-face and via email.
- The ability to lead by example and motivate your team to achieve their targets and deliver a high standard of work.
- Ability to create more work opportunities and sales in an honest and compliant manner.
- £35,000 - £45,000 DOE and training
- BMW, Kirkcaldy
- Starting from 33 days annual leave
- Flexible hours
- Toolbox cover
- Training provided to become an EV Accredited Technician
- Generous employee discounts
- Opportunities to review salary twice per year
- Private health care and sick pay cover
- Maternity and paternity packages