Job Title: Cost Controller
Location: Plymouth, Devon + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: £36,620.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55876
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Cost Controller at our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
As a Cost Controller, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll be part of the team that will look at enhancing project performance and stability through the collection, analysis, investigation, and reporting of meaningful cost information. This will allow the business to make informed decisions at a program and project level.
Day to day, you'll be involved with the collection, processing and analysis of actuals data; providing multi-layered reporting both internally and externally and providing justification, analysis and recommendations to the business based on data and supporting investigations.
- You will be managing actuals against cost performance baselines.
- Managing change against performance baselines.
- Producing internal and external monthly reporting for the business/senior leadership.
- You will be conducting variance investigations and data analysis and recommendations.
- Coordinating forecasts from activity owners and in-depth investigations.
This role is full time, 36 hours based on site at Devonport Royal Dockyard with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Essential experience of the Cost Controller:
- Previous experience of a cost control/management environment is desirable, but training will be provided.
- An understanding of project controls, specifically cost control, earned value and finance - Desirable.
- Experience of MS Office packages
- Experience of data analysis
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
Qualifications for the Cost Controller:
- We value difference and don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 20/02/2024