Job Title: Project Planner
Location: Bristol, UK- Hybrid working arrangement
Compensation: £32,000- £43,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53824
At Cavendish Nuclear we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Planner.
As Project Planner, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll be responsible for applying PMO competencies under supervision primarily in non-complex situations. You will provide project controls support across schedule management, budgeting & cost control, risk & opportunity management, change management and document management.
Day to day, you'll:
- Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets including Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW)
- Develop/baseline and maintain the Project integrated schedule. (Level 1-3)
- Develop and maintain Project Risk & Opportunity registers and manage the mitigation actions
- Implement change management processes on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements.
- Support with provision of weekly and monthly performance reports and associated analysis/narrative.
- Assist in the management of sub-projects/key project issues
This is a hybrid working opportunity.
Essential experience of the Project Scheduler:
- Application of project control toolsets including demonstrable experience and knowledge of project performance analysis and reporting variance analyses SV / CV, trend analysis, change control management
- Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out (Desirable)
Qualifications for the Project Scheduler:
- HND or HNC in an appropriate discipline or equivalent and appropriate level of experience
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC level clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 16/02/2024