Job Title: HR Business Partner- Employee Relations
Location: Ashton Vale, Bristol
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / 12-months Fixed Term Contract
Role ID: SF55852
As an HR Business Partner, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be supporting people leaders with ER matters, providing advice, guidance and resolutions to difficult situations and employee relations cases, ensuring that Babcock is legally protected and compliant with policies and procedures. You will also be working with HRBPs / Senior HRBPs to embed people initiatives and enable people managers to take ownership of all people and ER activities.
Day to day, you'll lead on a variety of escalated ER cases and issues, using your knowledge in Employee Relations and employment law, as well as:
- Support and coach line managers and leaders to deliver employee relations support, ensuring your approach builds capability and mitigates risk.
- Work collaboratively with people managers and other HR colleagues across the group, broadening their capability by supporting employee relations cases to ensure consistent application of HR policies and processes across the business.
- Deliver a high quality, customer and business focused and professional advice on all Employee Relations matters including disciplinary, grievance, performance, attendance cases and ER concerns.
This role is full-time, 37 hours per week, with a hybrid working from home arrangement; one day per week working onsite at our Ashton House site in Bristol. Travel will also be required to our Devonport and Ashchurch sites.
The HR Businsess Partner position is offered on a 12-months fixed term contract basis.
Essential experience of the HR Business Partner- Employee Relations:
- Proven Employee Relations Business Partner or Manager, with significant experience including disciplinary, performance management, Employment Tribunals, and coaching managers through complex cases.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law.
- Knowledge of governance guidelines, compliance, and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness with a good understanding of the business environment.
- Experience in a fast-paced, people-focused environment.
Qualifications for the HR Business Partner- Employee Relations:
- We value difference and we don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve a minimum of BPSS security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.