Main purpose of the job: To support the Facilities department in ensuring the site is maintained to an optimum condition via meeting key objectives. This is a 'hands-on' role that is extremely practical in its nature and mainly consists of improving the site via fabricated means i.e. repairing / maintaining standard of current equipment / tools, problem-solving / offering solutions to improve the status quo of the current standard and delivering upon it.
Main objectives and results:
To ensure thatboth Halewood sites are maintained to their optimum condition from a facility viewpoint. Key responses consist of, but are not limited to:
- Facilities Scheduled Works (TPM)
- Lead for inter-plant packaging repair program
- PI - Near Miss Opportunity Resolution
- Planned improvement projects from various accountability boards
- Project Support from CI Activities and Sustainability Committee
- Support in Model Launch / Line Balance Activities
- Facility Improvement Project Support
- It is necessary for the candidate to support the Maintenance Department in certain situations.
- Liaise with outside contractors as required.
- Assist with ensuring constant supply of consumables and spares
- Maintaining housekeeping standards
Note: this is not an exhaustive list. All employees are expected to show flexibility and continued self-development to meet the ever-changing needs of the business. All job descriptions will be subject to continual development.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Candidates will ideally be from a time-served apprenticeship specialising in fabrication background.
- Forms of desirable fabrication skills would include Benchfitting, Pipefitting, Bending etc
- A proven history of Welding acumen, OxyAcetylene preferred but also, MMA & MIG. A qualification in this discipline would be desirable.
- IPAF trained for MEWP desirable but not essential. If not trained would have to undergo in-house training.
- Solid electro-mechanical maintenance knowledge (BS7671 18th edition advantageous but not essential)
- Candidates must be PC literate, have excellent organisational and communicational skills as well as a strong sense of urgency and an ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Team-player with a high level of personal integrity
- Ability to work effectively with personnel across borders and functions
- Must be able to manage several tasks/activities across several different teams that are occurring at the same time
Competent and experienced within a high-volume automotive environment, coupled with the ability to work as an individual or as part of a team