Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Flexible, UK + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55948
At Cavendish Nuclear we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Manager.
As a Project Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be responsible for forming and managing effective relationships with project stakeholders.
Day to day, you'll lead on Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality within the project.
- Managing the Customer Interface and associated management of the project including identification and monitoring of project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing response to these and responding to other issues that affect the project.
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of the project, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with the Business Management System.
- Leading the project to deliver world class performance by means of employee engagement, continuous improvement and identifying and implementing the latest technology.
- Accountable for planning and monitoring the programme (profit & loss) ; agree plans with the Business Unit Director and submit regular Monthly Review Reports indicating any deviations and corrective action taken.
This is a full-time role with 37-hours per week with hybrid working from home arrangements. There is a requirement to travel to our Birchwood and Bristol offices and some infrequent travel to Japan (anticipated to be in the order of magnitude of 2x1-week trips per year.)
Essential experience of the Project Manager
- Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector.
- Extensive experience in a Project Management position.
- Awareness of various contracting methodologies (e.g. FIDIC/NEC3/JCT etc…)
- Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out.
Qualifications for the Project Manager:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field (or equivalent).
- APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) (previously APMP) working towards.
- Chartered Project Professional (ChPP).
- IOSH Managing Safely or higher safety qualifications preferred.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 21/02/2024