A confident and eager administrator is required to provide proactive business support to Independent Nuclear Assurance.
The main element of the role will be to provide cradle to grave support to the minute taking process for the Nuclear Generation (NG) Nuclear Safety Committee (NSC) meeting, noting the individual will be required to attend all 10 scheduled meetings, as well as any Special NSC meetings held throughout the year. Excellent communication and organisational skills, along with initiative is required to ensure minutes are completed to a high standard and within stated timescales in this busy environment.
The individual will form part of a small business support team and will also provide support and absence cover to an existing team member in connection with administration of the NSC process and other routine tasks. In addition, this individual will be required to take ownership for other departmental processes as set by the Business Support Team Lead.
- Providing secretarial support to the NSC to include:
- Attending all NSC meetings to record / minute meetings / take actions.
- Transcription of minutes and distribution for review by case officers and other interested parties.
- Maintaining the NSC action list and follow up as required.
- Gaining approval of minutes from the NSC chairperson.
- Final distribution of minutes to stakeholders.
- Summarising and addressing any minute corrections, plus final distribution to the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR).
- Electronic filing of minutes on company systems.
- Collation of feedback from Case Officers and distribution to NSC Technical Secretary for review.
- Point of contact for NSC station contacts in terms of delivery of papers for the Nuclear Safety Committees (NSC).
- Attends and plays an active part in NSC pre-job briefs and post job debriefs. Takes actions, circulates post meeting and follows up as required.
- Preparation of Category 2 Engineering Change list / book
- Review and update of NSC process related procedures.
- Provides support / absence cover to Centre & Assessment business support to include:
- NSC administration
- Independent Nuclear Safety Assessment reporting
- Processing engineering change proposals in Asset Management Suite (AMS)
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes & Experience required:
- A technical / engineering background or experience of working within this type of environment.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft office products (e.g. Teams, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) is required, along with excellent organisational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A flexible approach with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Discretion - confidentiality when dealing with sensitive and personal information.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.