Job Title: Electrical Technician
Location: Rosyth, Dunfermline
Compensation: £33,711 to £36,231 + Paid Overtime + Great Benefits
Role Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Role ID: SF55058
At Babcock, we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Electrical Technician. We currently have opportunities for Electrical Technicians to join our team in Rosyth, where you'll play a key part in helping to build the new 'Inspiration' class, Type 31 frigate.
Type 31 will be at the heart of the Royal Navy's surface fleet, deterring aggression and maintaining the security of the UK's interests. They will work alongside the UK's Allies to deliver a warship presence across the globe and enable a forward naval presence.
We're committed to delivering five Type 31 frigates by the end of 2028 but, with operations and opportunities spanning the length and breadth of the UK, your career can grow across our business.
As an Electrical Technician, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. If you can bring technical skills and a safe working attitude, then we can provide you with one of the most exciting engineering projects this country has to offer.
You'll be part of a friendly, supportive team, working alongside other experienced professionals like yourself who day-to-day are engaged in carrying out the following activities:
- The Installation of electrical equipment within the marine environment, including shock and non-shock mounted items.
- The Installation of cable containments systems.
- The Glanding and termination of cabling at equipment, various methods required ranging from single core domestic style, to combat systems Mil spec connectors.
- The Installation and test of fibre optic systems.
- The Installation and check wire of electrical systems cabling within the marine environment, systems including but not limited to:
- Power distribution
- Fire detection
- Control circuits
- Combat systems
The Electrical Technician role is full-time, 37-hours per week, Monday to Thursday, with plenty of opportunities to boost your earnings potential with flexible overtime.
Essential experience of the Electrical Technician
- Multi-pin Plug Connection/Assembly Low Voltage Systems installation
- Installation of control systems
- Fire detection and alarm systems installation and maintenance
- Emergency lighting installation and maintenance
- Broadcast systems installation and maintenance
Your safety and wellbeing are of paramount importance to us because health and safety is an integral part of our business. We operate in a high-risk environment; therefore, we are looking for people who share our understanding and respect for health and safety.
Qualifications of the Electrical Technician
A minimum of an ONC Electrical Engineering or a Level 3 Electrical apprenticeship.
Please note that all applicants must be able to achieve a minimum of Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance, for this post.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.