Job Title: EMC Engineer
Location: Stoke Gifford, Bristol + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: Up to £44,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54594
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Engineer at our Stoke Gifford site.
As an EMC Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. The team is made up of a variety of backgrounds which includes ex-submarine operators and is currently 4 strong with a strong future growth ambition. The EMC team is part of the wider multi-disciplinary SSE Electrical Group (15 strong) and draws on a wide range of experience to meet the customer's requirements.
We are currently looking for an Engineer to join the team to work on EMC tasks and to support the MoD customer and project sponsors in achieving whole-boat EMC compliance.
Day to day, you'll be a source of EMC expertise and will be working on the EMC Support tasks on a wide variety of projects run by project owners within the MoD and their industry partners.
- Supporting the customer by way of EMC technical consultation
- Reviewing EMC Test documentation
- Assisting the MoD customer and project managers in achieving EMC compliance on a wide variety of submarine projects
- Maintaining accurate records and logs to allow future reference
- Supporting with the designing and creation of representative setups of complex systems and equipment in laboratory environments to then be used for formal EMC Testing
- Assisting the development of a capability within Babcock to perform (non-UKAS accredited) EMC troubleshooting (i.e. using methods such as pre-scanning) and EMC failure resolution
This role is full time, 36 hours a week, with a hybrid working model (typically 2 days on site) Based at our Stoke Gifford, Bristol site.
Essential experience of the EMC Engineer:
- Awareness of EMC principles and theory, including test requirements, plans and reports
- Demonstrable experience creating accurate records and logs
Qualifications for the EMC Engineer:
- Minimum of ONC or HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Physics plus required experience or Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or science equivalent and aiming to achieve professional registration in future.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.