Main purpose of the job:
To lead a shift-based team of Maintenance Engineers whilst also taking a full role in the work of the Maintenance department carrying out maintenance work including TPM across the Plant, to ensure the constant running of all Plant equipment and facilities.
Main objectives and results:
- Day to day maintenance of all facilities and equipment ensuring a quick and positive reaction to breakdowns.
- Leading a team of Maintenance Engineers and liaising with Operations to help ensure continued production whenever production is running (including contractual overtime)
- Supporting TPM implementation and continuous improvement, problem solving and fault-finding activities
- Develop and deliver Preventative Maintenance Schedule
- Liaise with outside contractors as required.
- Manage and maintain supply of spares.
- Maintain housekeeping through 5s and Lean principles.
- Support continuous improvement activities throughout the Plant (i.e.waste walk, LPA actions etc)
- Provide maintenance support within projects, as determined by the Management Team
- Work with Engineering team on new installations and projects
- Ensure compliance to ISO 14001 (Environmental) /18001 (H&S) Standards, IATF16949 and TISAX
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Candidates will be time-served multi-skilled Engineer, preferably certified to HND / degree level.
- Proven experience of maintenance, preferably within a high volume, automotive or similar manufacturing environment, including TPM and periodic service/calibration activities.
- Knowledge of robotics and guided vehicle technology advantageous
- Working knowledge of DC torque tools and MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems)
- Experience Poka Yoke systems including vision and barcode scanning.
- Knowledge of Heating and ventilation, site access security and CCTV
- They must have solid electro-mechanical maintenance knowledge with proven experience in dealing with complex manufacturing equipment (welding and automated assembly) including robot and PLC programming.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant legislation and corporate policies including H&S, environmental etc.
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to lean manufacturing/continuous improvement principles, tools and techniques.
- Candidates must be PC literate, have excellent organisational and communicational skills as well as a strong sense of urgency and an ability to work under pressure.
- BS7671 18th edition wiring regulations preferable
- They must be confident decision makers and proactive problem solvers, with a hands-on approach.
- They must have experience of leading a team with the ability to work both as an individual and as part of a team.
- Hours of work will be 40 hours per week plus contractual overtime as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent managerial skills
- Team-player with a high level of personal integrity
- Ability to work effectively with personnel across borders and functions.
- Competent and experienced within a high-volume automotive environment, coupled with the ability to work as an individual or as part of a team