Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Walsall, WS2 9PL
Annual Salary: £36,000
Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday
Shift Times: 08:00 - 16:00
Working Hours: 40 hours
Manpower is hiring a permanent Maintenance Technician for our fantastic client, offering brand new facilities, kit, and a chance to be a part of a growing company making a difference!
Our client is a processor of used cooking oils, converting waste to Biofuels. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for all processing equipment on the site, ensuring equipment is safely maintained to the relevant schedules and developing the process capability of the site.
As part of the company's growth trajectory, this role will also engage with the team who are delivering a significant capital investment to build a new factory, nearby.
What you'll need to do:
- Control the planned maintenance schedule for the site and ensure records are maintained
- Safely execute all planned maintenance activities; develop risk assessments and safe systems of work; utilise dynamic risk assessments and permits to work
- Oversee engineering contractors, when required
- Respond to equipment breakdowns, rectifying issues in a safe and timely manner
- Support development of the site processing capability and capacity and engage with the production staff
- Develop and maintain a stock of spare components/parts
- Complying with all health & safety requirements
What we'll need from you:
- Good electrical & mechanical aptitude and experience of maintenance/engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Multiskilled Technician experience, ideally C&G/BTEC L3 or greater, or time-served apprenticeship
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with production personnel and management
- Good health and safety and environment knowledge and understanding, in a manufacturing setting
- Strong self-organisational skill, ideally with experience of managing a maintenance programme
- Logical and structured thinker
- Good IT & written skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word as well as industry known maintenance systems
- Clean driving licence
- Prepared to work unsociable hours including weekends and bank holidays in line with on call arrangements.
- Permanent - Full time position
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Death in service X2
- Join our team, and together, we can make a positive impact on the environment and create a greener future!
If this sounds like it would suit you, then why not apply to be part of our rapidly expanding team and make a difference together!