Manpower Recruitment are recruiting for a Full Time Assistant Accommodation and Conference Porter for an established College in Oxford City Centre.
The role is full time, working Monday-Friday 8am-4pm with some flexibility needed for occasional weekends and evening duties depending on events in the College.
The Salary is £23878pa
Main Purpose of the Role
Reporting directly to the Accommodation & Conference Porter, this is a support role to fulfil requests regarding the movement of furniture and linen, maintenance of furniture and furnishings, reading of utility meters and disposal of waste.
On a day to day basis, the post holder will work directly with members of the College, including Fellows and students as well as a variety of suppliers and subcontractors. The workload is both varied and diverse. No two days are the same and tasks can range from rubbish disposal to setting up a laptop in a meeting room. This can at
times be demanding and will require sound judgement to solve problems, and high personal flexibility. An ability to work to deadlines is important. This role will provide cover when the Accommodation & Conference Porter is absent.
On a day to day basis you will be completing the following-
- Furniture Arrangements
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date inventories of furniture stored and its whereabouts.
- Move and store deliveries of new furniture, mattresses, equipment, etc.
- Replace broken or unsuitable furniture as directed by the Accommodation &Conference Porter.
- Assist with the disposal of surplus furniture and equipment as directed by the Accommodation & Conference Porter.
- Assist with the delivery, storage or removal of furniture, fixtures, fire extinguishers, equipment, books, archive material, laundry, linen and other items to or from the College and associated premises as directed by the Accommodation & Conference Porter.
- Assist with the set-up of furniture and equipment, including IT equipment such as laptops for seminar, teaching, conference or other purposes as directed by the Accommodation and Conference Porter or the Conference Team.
- Assist with clearing down and re-setting conference/meeting rooms at the end of a session or day in accordance with College standards.
- Moving linen and supplies from the Linen Room to accommodation, including Manor Place and Iffley Road as directed by the Housekeeper.
- Luggage Porter duties for Conference Guests during the vacations sometimes on weekends.
- Assist with routine maintenance, including assisting with carpet cleaning and installation and maintenance of curtain tracks and curtains.
If interested, please get in contact with a Manpower Representative.