The primary duty for this position is as a Skip Truck Driver, servicing production areas. Operations include collection and transfer of 8-yard and 12-yard skips containing various wastes and metals from Production departments to designated disposal points for processing and recycling. The majority of skips are weighed over an internal weighbridge system operated by the Skip truck driver. Experience with operating a skip truck is desirable however job specific training will be given
- A HGV2 Driving License is essential.
- Team members must be self-motivated and highly flexible to perform a number of roles in a variety of locations.
- In order to undertake this range of duties they will be required to undertake training.
- They are required to work unsupervised to achieve good standards of customer service and quality.
- When HGV services are not needed the Skip Truck Driver will be expected to work with the rest of the team on a range of other duties including Industrial waste processing duties and/or other HGV driving operations such as vacuum tinkering, and road sweeping, for which full training will be given.
- Team members must be able to understand safe working procedures and apply recognised safety practices to each task they are undertaking and ensure other team members behave accordingly.
The Working pattern is a mix of Morning and Afternoon shifts including Mornings at Weekends.
Benefits Along with a highly competitive salary also have a host of other workplace benefits including:
- 39 Holiday days
- Retail Discount Scheme
- Up to a combined 16% pension contribution
- Access to free parking
- Career Development and Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance & Income Protection
- Excellent opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in a rapidly expanding company with exciting development opportunities.