An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world-leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip FMCG company, is seeking a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator based onsite in Burton upon Trent, West Midlands.
This is a temporary role working a 12-hour shift four on four off shift pattern (2 days (6 am -6 pm) and two nights 6 pm-6 am), an average of 39 hours payable per week, paying £24,453 + shift allowance £9,781.20 = £34,334.04.
Wastewater Treatment is critical for the efficient operation of production. The role is responsible for monitoring and operating the site's Wastewater Treatment Plant - DAF plant, including equipment inspection, cleaning, sampling, testing, and adjusting treatment parameters to ensure a reliable and efficient service to production and meet our discharge parameters.
The person will be required to monitor the system from factory outfeed, including wet well and screen, levels of balance tanks through to treatment and discharge to the flume.
- Primary fault finding and ability to escalate issues via an agreed process
- Ability to complete and record testing
- Work unsupervised and on your own during nights and weekends
- Essential Knowledge and application of technical skills to operate, maintain, and changeover equipment would be advantageous.
- All appropriate safety and environmental procedures relating to the site and allocated equipment must be utilised to ensure a safe working environment.
- Monitors plant parameters against set standards, adjusts plant to meet standards as required, and reports any deviation via escalation procedure greed. Detects abnormalities quickly and takes action to prevent them.
- Must be a reliable team player; responsible, supportive, and motivated.
- Technical Background would be advantageous in electrical, mechanical or chemistry.
- Good communication skills.
- Training will be given.
- NVQ level 2 formal training is preferred to have.