We are currently seeking an interim Consumer Technical Insights Assistant Manager, to work with our global FMCG client, renowned for brands such as Dove, Sure, Persil, and Simple, and become an integral part of their fast-paced FMCG environment.
The position is based at our client's scientific Research & Development facility in Port Sunlight Village, Wirral easily accessible by train and car. This is a full-time temporary role to last for 12 months, requiring 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (Hybrid 2-3 days onsite and remainder of the week remotely) Compensation for this role is competitive, paying up to £41,870 per annum, pro rata, depending upon experience.
Job Scope: Oral Care brings together Toothpastes, Mouthwashes, Toothbrushes and ancillaries, under solid and great brands in Europe. This role gives the opportunity to join a unique Business Group, while being close to consumers and markets. With a strong cross-functional team located across Europe. The EU OC Consumer Technical Insight & Claims is a purposeful team committed to deliver superior products by understanding consumers, delivering the best claims, flavors and sensorials.
Sitting at the interface between product design and marketing, our purpose is to guide our brand and category design partners to create products and claims that deliver to the consumer needs, with product experiences that delight consumers and cue desired benefits. This role presents an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about working with a dedicated team of R&D to develop new products and services to better meet consumer needs, to drive great products for our Oral Care Europe business.
- Act as key CTI representative for specific Oral Care platforms, supporting projects executions and multi-year innovation programs.
- Work seamlessly with R&D, Marketing, Flavor and CMI teams, to influence key projects' decisions.
- Work closely with internal functions and external third parties to ensure successful and research execution for claims support, sensory and consumer understanding.
- Partner with Science & Technology, Clinicals and Statistical teams to deep dive on technical information to be landed in EU projects and to follow best methodologies and practices.
- Analyze big set of data and extract insights from a range of sources, to deliver engaging, technical yet creative presentations to key category SHs, to drive the development of superior propositions via new opportunities identification.
- Lead all operational activities to deliver sensory analysis, claims and product consumers' research.
- Selecting the best research plan and use of appropriate methods. Writing briefs, questionnaires, organizing shipments, driving best output of data, organizing cascade and debriefs.
- Develop compelling claims, and relative substantiation, partnering with Legal, Regulatory and Market R&D teams, to deliver outstanding and robustly supported communications across any asset and channel.
- Write Claim Support and any required documents for products launch.
- Co-create trade stories for Customers and Professionals (i.e. Dentists) with R&D and Marketing.
- Lead the creation and realization of new demo's to maximize product impact, including collaboration with creative agencies.
- Acting as consumer advocate on projects and innovation platforms to translate consumer needs into technical targets.
- Be an active member of EU Personal Care CTI community contributing to key functional excellence pillars delivery, including defining best practices, landing frameworks and provide inputs to SHs
- Lead market context understanding from a technical perspective, using different tools and sources.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in chemistry, engineering, biology, medical/dental science, consumer science or equivalent.
- Working experience in R&D, product development, technical marketing or consumer insights is required.
- Working experience in FMCG and/or consumer research/sensory company is preferred.
- Experience in End-to-End Consumer and product research, Claims Development/Management is ideal.
- Adept at understanding technical contents, concepts and legal/regulatory spaces in detail. A strong ability to creatively translate the same content for non-technical audiences.
- Effective working as part of multi-disciplined, virtual teams.
- Experience in effective presentations, communication and audience's influencing.
- Experience in project management and problem solving.
- Strong analytical skills, an ability to interpret data to pull out key insights; structure complex data from multiple sources.
- Strong external orientation, competitive landscape, trends, consumers & habits, understand of regulations and legal boundaries within claims/communications.
- Great people skills; build and maintain relationships with ability to be persuasive & assertive when necessary
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of digital tools & systems
- Excellent at Microsoft Excel & Power Point
- Agility in flexing plans and leadership style to meet changing situation with urgency
- Inspiring powerful teamwork and collaboration, connecting people for better results
- Taking personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results
- Curiosity innovation, technology & new tools (e.g. AI)
- Learn about consumers and share new insights within the team
- Creativity to approach problems in new or different ways