Job Title: Records Lead
Location: Suffolk or London Office (Hybrid Working Available)
Closing Date: February 22, 2024
Vacancy Overview: Join EDF Energy in pioneering a low-carbon energy future with our leading role in constructing safe, reliable nuclear power stations in the UK. Sizewell C (SZC) represents a significant milestone in this endeavour, as a proposed nuclear station granted planning permission, set to commence construction in 2024. SZC is pivotal in the UK's climate change agenda and energy policy, promising substantial reductions in carbon emissions and delivering clean energy to millions of households.
Job Purpose / Overview: As the Records Lead within the Project Delivery Organisation (PDO), your mission is to ensure adherence to nuclear industry and major project best practices in document management and records across SZC projects and contracts. You will be instrumental in communicating and deploying documented information and records management arrangements effectively across projects and supply chains, supporting compliance with license conditions and quality standards. Collaborating closely with various project functions and stakeholders, you will champion the implementation of SZC's record strategy, drawing upon lessons learned from projects like Hinkley Point C (HPC).
- Advocate documented information and records management processes within assigned projects/contracts and engage with external stakeholders and regulators.
- Ensure compliance with organisational requirements for Nuclear Site License and Permit processes.
- Support optimisation of records management approaches for SZC, ensuring conformance to standards and effectiveness in delivering intended results.
- Collaborate with SZC functions, project suppliers/contractors, and EDF SA Engineering teams to ensure efficient coordination.
- Manage the Records team and monitor Key Performance Indicators to drive process improvements.
- Identify and implement records management lessons learned from previous projects and industry experience.
- Facilitate effective records review and acceptance processes involving suppliers/contractors and stakeholders.
- Conduct monitoring, measurement, and analysis of records management activities to identify improvement opportunities.
- Provide monthly reports on records submission and accuracy performance for project/contract health assessment.
Knowledge & Skills: Essential:
- Proficiency in modern documented information and records management, EDRMS systems, and project controls within multi-disciplinary organisations.
- Strong organisational and management skills.
- Excellent communication abilities with experience in preparing presentations and addressing diverse audiences.
- Advocacy for best practices while remaining open to collaboration and new ideas.
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Team player mindset with awareness of individual impact on others.
- Experience with 'Teamcenter' EDRMS.
- Understanding of the nuclear industry and Nuclear Site License conditions.
Qualifications & Experience: Essential:
- Competence, knowledge, and experience in a specific discipline, preferably qualified to HND level.
- Experience interfacing with project teams and supply chain organisations.
- Experience in implementing and managing records/document/data management methodologies in major project environments.
- Understanding and application of Quality processes applicable to Records Management.
- Experience in the application of ISO9001/19443, ISO14001, ISO 45001 and GSR2 standard in a multidisciplinary project environment.
- Large-scale infrastructure project experience;
- Previous experience of working in a highly regulated environment;
- Previous experience within the nuclear industry.