Reporting to the Document Control Lead the Document Controller is required to implement and manage processes relating to the EDF Energy Document Control and Management systems. Working within a dynamic and delivery focussed project team in order to implement and control these systems, they must also manage the distribution of all correspondence and ensure good relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
Nature and Scope
The document controller provides a documentation support service to the Investment Delivery Group Heads and Project Portfolio Manager (PPM) under the direction of the Document Control Lead.
The successful candidate will support the project team through correct application of the systems, processes and procedures in place to manage the control, storage and retrieval of information, providing an auditable trail of incoming and outgoing documentation.
Principal AccountabilitiesMaintain, issue and distribute controlled copies of information, keeping up-to-date records of all information and ensuring that it is available to the Project Team.Provision of advice and information to ensure team members are compliant with the document management system process and procedures and best practice is incorporated.Liaison with a variety of stakeholders including the Project Team, Station Document Centre and third party Contractors with respect to issue of information and document storage.Carry out conformance checks on document and drawings with regards to status and format in accordance with procedures.Assist Project Managers in maintaining a compliant and organised document filing structure in both hard copy and electronic format.Support to Project Managers in preparing documentation at close out of projects and documentation for archive in either hard copy or electronic format as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- The ideal candidate would have Document Controller experience ideally within a project environment dealing with engineering data and use of an Electronic Document Management System to maintain documents and records.
- Competence with Adobe Acrobat is desirable along with the Microsoft suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook).
- Experience of working within a technical / engineering environment would also be beneficial.
- The candidate should possess a high level of organisational skills, have the ability to prioritse workload and work under pressure.
- Working as a team player and being self-motivated is essential to the role.
- The individual should have a good understanding of electronic file types and the requirement for accurate document referencing.
Key Benefits working with Manpower
- 36 days holiday accrual (pro-rata) including bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Access to Manpower's online training platform 'powerYOU', giving you access to hundred of online training courses
- Opportunity to be selected for additional upskilling and career support through Manpower's MyPath programme
- Dedicated Manpower Account Specialist to provide support during your assignment